To use this method you will need a friend (or your teacher) to practise with.
Once you have your friend do the following:
- Pick one person to be the leader – you should take it in turns.
- Face away from each other (or close your eyes) so that you can’t see fingers etc.
- The leader will start by playing a single note. Try to copy this note.
- If you are successful the leader will play this note with one other. Try to copy these two notes.
- If you are successful the leader should keep adding notes until you get one wrong.
- Swap the person who is leading and continue to try and copy each other.
A few minutes spent regularly in this way will improve all aspects of your playing.