Use the wisdom below to give your practice good direction.
Before each practice session read one of the following “thoughts” and focus on it throughout:
- Amateurs practise until they get it right; professionals practise until they can’t get it wrong.
- Speed is a by-product of smoothness. Don’t practise the scale, practise the smoothness.
- Think it ten times, then play it once.
- Only perfect practice makes perfect.
- Don’t practice wrong.
- Several short sessions are better than one long one.
- Listen, listen, listen!
- Don”t practise things you can already play.
- Learn from your mistakes.
- Practise is the art of intelligent repetition.
- Really right, not just nearly right.