In the weeks before your performance plan to complete the following:
- Run your piece(from start to finish without stopping (at least 10 times (666) ).
- Run your performance at different times of day.
- Do a dress rehearsal in the same clothes and time as your performance.
- Play with your accompanist as many times as you can.
- Memorise your piece even if you are using music for the performance.
- Record yourself. Note down points for improvement. Repeat.
- Play to an audience of friends and family.
- Imagine in detail what it will be like to give the perfect performance.
- Plan the day of performance in advance. Allow plenty of time for travel, warm. up etc. Ensure you don”t arrive in a rush.
Smile and be confident – you’ve prepared well.